Over the past two and a half years at Asilia, we've learned a heck of a lot and we've always been keen to share that learning with other entrepreneurs and passionate people, so that they can avoid some of the pitfalls themselves. Increasingly, particularly with the Kenya side of the business, we've been approached by people who are frustrated by the whole website creation process. Whether it's designers and developers gone rogue or a struggle to manage the various aspects that are involved in producing a great site.
We've conspired with some of our collaborators and are happy to announce the first session in Asilia's new training series: Project Web – a one-day course in executing website projects. This is an opportunity for designers, developers, project managers, account managers, students and other web enthusiasts to learn from an international agency and professionals who have worked in the industry for over 10 years.
What will you get out of it?
- An understanding of how to effectively manage website projects
- An overview of the different components involved in website creation, from pre-project; planning and specifications; design; development; data entry and testing and; deployment and maintenance
- Learning on how to manage enterprise-level projects across several teams and/or organisations
- An introduction of how to coordinate and work with international clients and/or teams
- A take-home course pack containing material covered on the day and additional resources that you can reference when working on your website projects