I hope you've all had a fantastic week. Mine's been hectic and it's great to exhale a little, take stock and get revved up for the week ahead. It was busy on the blog too with multi-media inspiration! The week ended on a high note with a taste of the continuing influence of Fela Kuti's spirit.
Here's a round-up in case you missed anything:
- Quote of the week: being open to opportunity
- Inspiration: beautiful, bold African-inspired adornments from Rachel Stewart; graphic agitator, Chaz Maviyane-Davies
- Interviews: afro-soul songstress, Rafiya
- Events: African cinema at the ongoing London Film Festival
- TGIF!: celebrating Fela Kuti's birthday with a look at his continuing influence on the arts – it's a Felaxtravaganza!
- Independence Day celebrations: the colourful Las Hijas del Sol from Equatorial Guinea
A huge thanks to you for taking the time to read and share comments, facebook appreciation and tweet love. Remember, you can also get updates via facebook, twitter and by subscribing to the Afri-love feed.
Feedback is incredibly useful to me so, please drop me a line with any comments, suggestions, ideas etc.
This coming week, look out for:
- Quote of the week
- Moving beyond defiance through design and investigating design for good
- An interview with an incredibly funky and Afri-fabulous London-based designer
- Inspiration from a handful of my role models
- TGIF! a look at African music's new classics
- A celebration for Zambia's Independence Day
Have a fantastic week! Be proud and be inspired.
Images above: 2nd from top – Fela-inspired art (see Fela post for details); 3rd from top – songstress Rafiya's CD, Amazing; graphic defiance from Chaz Maviyane-Davies (see post for details); bottom – jewelry from Rachel Stewart.