As much as I try to follow a mostly paleo diet, my one BIG weakness is cake. On Sunday, I was talking about how to win the battle against grains with paleo meal preparation . Today, I'm celebrating sugar, gluten and dairy with these creative African-inspired cakes!
Such is the human being – full of contradictions! In my defense, wedding and celebration cakes are special occasion indulgences. Why go for the traditional plain tiers when you can go for something more distinct and artistic for your once-in-a-lifetime event?
It would be great to see creations with more contemporary African imagery/designs – have you come across any?
- Inspired: African Touches at the Eclectic Wedding of Zahra and Chris
- African Inspiration on Pinterest: Nigerian Wedding Accessories
- 'African Flowers': Customisable Event and Wedding Stationery
- Inspired: Munaluchi Bride Magazine
- Interview with Food Blogger, Sanura Weathers