I observe that the term "entrepreneur" is nowadays appreciated for the wide-encompassing tile that it is. There are so many types of entrepreneurship.
To name a few:
Behaving like an entrepreneur in your role as an employee of an organisation.
Continue reading “Showcasing, Encouraging and Supporting Creative Entrepreneurship”
Following parts I and II, today we wrap up the birthday celebration with the third and final installation of the collection of treasures. I am extremely grateful to all readers, subscribers, fans, followers and supporters. The journey has been all the more richer because of all of you who've shared ideas and critique, discoveries and personal stories. This is a celebration of you all!
Continue reading “The Wisdom of Crowds: A Collection of Treasures from 4 Years of Afri-love, Part III”
In case you missed the announcement, Afri-love turned 4 years old yesterday! To celebrate, I've curated 56 of my favourite snippets from the years. It all kicked off yesterday and today we continue with numbers 22 – 37. Enjoy and stay tuned for the final installment tomorrow.
Continue reading “The Wisdom of Crowds: A Collection of Treasures from 4 Years of Afri-love, Part II”
Today, Afri-love is 4! To celebrate, I've curated a list of 56 nuggets of insight, opinion and observation, garnered on Afri-love over the past 4 years. Why 56? Two reasons really: 1) that's the number of recognised states and de facto states on the continent and 2) I wanted a good healthy number. I'll be sharing the nuggets over the next 3 days so stay tuned (or subscribe to get them via email or read via RSS). Here's batch number 1 …
Continue reading “The Wisdom of Crowds: A Collection of Treasures from 4 Years of Afri-love, Part I”
A few years back, I decided that I would stop making new year’s resolutions and instead come up with a mantra for the year. Having an overarching intention to guide rather than unspecific goals built to fail.
Continue reading “2013: The Year of Kindness”
I've been slowly doing some overdue maintenance and amelioration on the blog and part of it has been coming up with a "Start Here" page. While this will be especially useful to readers who are new to the site, I thought I'd share the highlights as, some of you old-timers may discover something new too!
On the "Start Here" page you will find:
- Introductions – A little information about the person behind the blog
- The story behind Afri-love – Why I started it and what I hope to achieve
- What to expect – A listing of the types of posts you will find on the blog (see below)
- Dive in (popular posts) – A short list of some of the posts you've enjoyed most over the past 3+ years. I'll be reviewing this regularly and updating it accordingly
- Extra stuff – Some of the other stuff you can find/access on the blog, including creative services; posts, articles I've written elsewhere as well as press; resources – a directory of relevant/useful sites (another item on my maintenance list is to populate this much more. Suggestions welcome!)
- Get more Afri-love – Different options for staying tuned, depending on what you want and when
Types of posts on Afri-love
As mentioned above, here's a list of what you can expect:
Continue reading “A Quick Tour of the Afri-love Blog (for New Readers and Old-Timers Alike)”