A third of the year has already gone by! Doing my #plantsomethingdaily drawings has been an interesting way of tracking the progress of time. Here are a few favourites from April…
- Top row: Indulging my love of patten and stripes!
- 2nd row: Lusungu gave me a brief for this one: “spring all year round”
- 3rd row: For the first time in this series, I experimented with incorporating people. The one on the left is a self-portait.
- 4th row: My mum visited for a few days last month and made a delicious mtori – a Chagga banana soup. Here, an ode to the banana which, I love in all of its manifestations!
- 5th row: Everybody seems to love a bit of cactus action
All artwork by yours truly, Lulu Kitololo
- Plant Something Daily – March favourites
- Plant Something Daily – February favourites
- Plant Something Daily – January favourites
- Earth Day celebration: nature as creative inspiration
- Creative muses: plant life
Don’t miss an installment – different ways to get your Afri-love delivered. You can also stay up to date by liking the Afri-love Facebook page or following Afri-love (@afrilove) on Twitter or on Google+.
Check out my many Africa-related Pinterest boards covering the arts, design, music and more.
Subscribe for fortnightly updates with Afri-love highlights and developments, as well as info on interesting events, must-reads and more for you to check out elsewhere.