- The theory: when you literally get your house in order, you get your metaphorical house in order too. When you clear all the distracting, unnecessary ‘things’, you are forced to focus on the things that really matter in your life, and on clearing out the things that are in the way – the barriers
- Joy should be the ultimate filter for everything! I’m practising this in all areas of my life where, I ask myself, ‘is this thing/person/situation/ prospect/opportunity enabling joy?’ If not, I move on to the next. Life is too precious.
- With totally rational reasoning, that I couldn’t disagree with, Marie helped me address some of the guilt I’ve felt in the past, that’s made me hold on to things
- I sleep so well in hotels (better than in my own home) and this book has reminded me why, as well as empowered me to take action to replicate that good sleep, everyday (without a huge hotel bill!)
- I’m not yet done, working through her KonMari system. As with all important things, it’s taken me longer than I anticipated. However, I already feel so amazing and it’s addictive. I’m incentivised by these endorphins, to carry on. If I feel so good now, I can only imagine how great I’ll feel when I finish!
- Buy African: Who Said Beige is Boring? – Home decor
- Buy African: Monochrome Home
- 7 Common Excuses that Prevent Our Success – demolished! After all, tidying our homes is also about welcoming in success (however we define it!)
Don’t miss an installment – different ways to get your Afri-love delivered. You can also stay up to date by liking the Afri-love Facebook page or following Afri-love (@afrilove) on Twitter or on Google+.
Check out my many Africa-related Pinterest boards covering the arts, design, music and more.
Subscribe for fortnightly updates with Afri-love highlights and developments, as well as info on interesting events, must-reads and more for you to check out elsewhere.