As much as I love colour in design, black and white can be really interesting too – especially when texture and pattern come into play. Here, some furniture and home decor pieces, in black and white.
1. Cabinet by Hamed Design; 2. Crochet pillow by Proud Mary; 3. Senegalese hamper from Swahili Modern; 4. Woven platter by Indego Africa; 5. Wall hook by Dokter and Misses, on African Lookbook; 6. White leather pouf from Beldi; 7. Lighting by Dokter and Misses; 8. Bar stool by Mescla; 9. Cushion by Mescla.
- Inspired: Furniture Design by Hamed Ouattara
- Inspired: Fabrics from Proud Mary
- Buy African: Online Shop Beldi – Celebrating Moroccan Handicraft
- 2 Product Design Projects in Mozambique – Mescla and Studio Dandoen
- Afropolitan Style: Ebony-inspired
Don't miss an installment – different ways to get your Afri-love delivered. You can also stay up to date by liking the Afri-love Facebook page or following Afri-love (@afrilove) on Twitter or on Google+.
Check out my many Africa-related Pinterest boards covering the arts, design, music and more.
Subscribe for fortnightly updates with Afri-love highlights and developments, as well as info on interesting events, must-reads and more for you to check out elsewhere.