With glamourous Lupita Nyong’o dominating the Hollywood spotlight, I was reminded of the work of Senegalese fine art and fashion photographer, Omar Victor Diop. Specifically, his collaboration with Antoine Tempé – ‘ONOMOllywood’ – where the two revisit several Holllywood classics, giving them an African twist.
Check out more examples and read an interview with Diop (including a couple of video clips) on CNN.
Image via the ONOMOllywood gallery.
- African Inspiration on Pinterest: Celebrating Blackness in Fashion Photography
- Interview with Fine Art Photographer Paul Sika
- Inspired: Photography by Delphine Diallo – The Highness Project
- Inspired: Photography by Leonce Raphael Agbodjelou
- Screening Perception – Limiting Expectations for African Cinema
Don't miss an installment – different ways to get your Afri-love delivered. You can also stay up to date by liking the Afri-love Facebook page or following Afri-love (@afrilove) on Twitter or on Google+.
Check out my many Africa-related Pinterest boards covering the arts, design, music and more.
Subscribe for fortnightly updates with Afri-love highlights and developments, as well as info on interesting events, must-reads and more for you to check out elsewhere.