Today marks the start of Global Entrepreneurship Week and Entrepreneurship Month on Afri-love continues. A reader, Tolu, recently got in touch sharing that his brother had started a publishing company (Akasha Publishing) and written his first book. A lot of the discoveries I make and the content I post here, is thanks to readers writing in to share something or someone that they think will be of interest to me and others. Tolu inspired a thought (thanks Tolu!) – what if were to ask you all to nominate your favourite entrepreneurs? So, here we go:
Nominate your favourite entrepreneur
- Shortlisted entries will be featured in a blog post at the end of November.
- There will then be a public vote (online), and the winner will be featured in a dedicated interview post, before the end of the year.
- You can nominate yourself!
- Entrepreneurs must identify with being of African descent OR their work must directly serve people/communities in Africa or the Diaspora
- Entries must be submitted via the comments section at the bottom of this post
- Entries must include the entrepreneur's name
- Entries must include a short description of what they're doing
- Entries must include a link to find out more information about what they're doing (this could be a website, Facebook page, Etsy shop etc. If they don't already have some kind of online presence – they can create one in minutes, for free, using Black White Simple)
- Entries must include a way for me to contact them directly (whether via email, Twitter etc.)
- Entrants must be willing to be featured in an interview on this blog, if they are successful in the public vote
- Each person can nominate up to 3 entrepreneurs
Failure to meet all of this criteria is grounds for disqualification, simply because it will turn my work of managing the entries into another full-time job.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: Monday 25th November at midnight GMT Extended to Sunday 1st December, midnight GMT.
I look forward to your entries and to being introduced to a whole new bunch of exciting people and their stories.
Are you interested in helping me shortlist? Let me know by emailing afrilovemail [at] gmail [dot] com with "Entrepreneur Shortlisting" in the subject.
As always, I reserve the right to decide what I post on this blog.
- November is Entrepreneurship Month on Afri-love
- Why I Choose to Be an Entrepreneur
- Showcasing, Encouraging and Supporting Creative Entrepreneurship
Don't miss an installment – different ways to get your Afri-love delivered. You can also stay up to date by liking the Afri-love Facebook page or following Afri-love (@afrilove) on Twitter or on Google+.
Check out my many Africa-related Pinterest boards covering the arts, design, music and more.
Subscribe for monthly updates with Afri-love highlights and developments, as well as info on interesting events, must-reads and more for you to check out elsewhere.