I hope you all had a wonderful week. Thanks for reading – the blog received record hits this week. Our relationship with our hair is clearly one we take extremely seriously. I often wonder whether it is the hair itself or the rituals associated with getting your hair done. Whether it's the drama and presence that manipulation of our versatile curly locks can create or; whether it's the bonding, education and joy we get from the time spent together, doing each others hair. Either way, the love is clearly there.
Here's a round-up of last week's posts, in case you missed anything:
- Quote of the week – love first
- Celebrating our crowing glory – Le Coil
- Natural hair journey update: 4 months on and getting my protective styling on
- World AIDS Day – getting a thorough education
- An interview with designer and entrepreneur, Mkuki Bgoya of Kina Klothing
- TGIF! with the electric Staff Benda Bilili
A huge thanks to you for taking the time to read and share comments, facebook appreciation and tweet love. Remember, you can also get updates via facebook, twitter and by subscribing to the Afri-love feed.
Feedback is incredibly useful to me so, please drop me a line with any comments, suggestions, ideas etc.
Next week, look out for:
- Quote of the week
- When cultures collide – inspired fashion
- Another interview with a talented person pursuing their dreams
- More art and design inspiration
- Celebrating Tanzania's Independence Day
Have a fantastic week! Be proud, be inspired and be thankful.