Hey all, hope you've had a good week. Is it just me or is November the most expensive month of the year?! Certainly feels like it. It's a month that has started off busy and will surely continue in that vein so, it's great knowing that the joy and rest that comes with December is just around the corner.
Here's a round-up of last week's posts, in case you missed anything:
- Quote of the week and taking ownership of our lives
- A dynamic collabo – Michael Jackson and Fela Kuti get mashed up!
- Less than great experiences and observations lead me to reflect and assert that our standards will only be met when we assert them
- Inspired fabrics from Proud Mary
- Zap Mama and Erykah Badu come together in TGIF! Bandy Bandy
A huge thanks to you for taking the time to read and share comments, facebook appreciation and tweet love. Remember, you can also get updates via facebook, twitter and by subscribing to the Afri-love feed.
Feedback is incredibly useful to me so, please drop me a line with any comments, suggestions, ideas etc.
Next week, look out for:
- Quote of the week
- Inspiration from a South African artist who uncovers the beauty and vibrance in the everyday
- An interview with a Kenyan fashion designer who lives and breathes Afri-love
- Reflections on managing one of our most precious resources
- Celebrating Angola's Independence Day
- Celebrating Afri-love's 5-month anniversary (did you say arbitrary? All reasons to celebrate are embraced!)
- Continuing the spirit of celebration with a special post to bring in the weekend with TGIF!
To all readers in the US – go out and watch For Colored Girls (I promise I'm not being paid by the producers, I'm merely exercising vicarious living!).
Have a fantastic week! Be proud and be inspired.