This past week market the launch of a project I'd been working on with non-profit, Epic Change – Epic Thanks. A global celebration of gratefulness honouring individuals who have created positive change in their communities and inspired hope in many. It's fantastic to be reminded of what a wonderful, and potentially widespread, impact we each can have when we truly apply ourselves in pursuit of our dreams.
I spent the latter part of the week showing a visiting friend around town. Seeing a place through the eyes of someone who's seeing it for the first time, truly makes you appreciate it anew.
I guess the theme of my week was appreciation. Appreciation of all the people who make my life so much richer. Appreciation of the power of collective good energy. Appreciation of all the so-called little things that we so often take for granted. I am thankful for everything that I have and experience. And I'm thankful for you!
Here's a round-up of last week's posts, in case you missed anything:
- Quote of the week and the African artist's responsibility
- Inspired by the Afri-fabulous illustrations of Shine Shine
- An interview with Jamaican-born artist, Tamara Natalie Madden
- Giving Epic Thanks
- TGIF! Getting low with K-Letta
- Celebrating Mauritania's Independence Day
A huge thanks to you for taking the time to read and share comments, facebook appreciation and tweet love. Remember, you can also get updates via facebook, twitter and by subscribing to the Afri-love feed.
Feedback is incredibly useful to me so, please drop me a line with any comments, suggestions, ideas etc.
Next week, look out for:
- Quote of the week
- A celebration of our crowning glory
- An interview with a funky Tanzanian designer and entrepreneur
- More design inspiration from musical sources
- A hair journey update
Have a fantastic week! Be proud, be inspired and be thankful.