Hope it's been a good week for you all. It's been another extremely busy one for me and the craziness helped me to realise a few things. Namely, the importance of making time for yourself even in the most frantic of times. This knowledge has been so useful in keeping me sane and focused on what I'm keeping busy for! Talk about synchronicity: amidst the melee, I discovered Zen Habits blogger, Leo Babauta's, latest book – Focus: A Simplicity Manifesto in the Age of Distraction. There's a free version available for download here (where you can also purchase a version with additional multi-media content). It's a fantastic read and I've already began my simplification mission.
Here's a round-up of last week's posts, in case you missed anything:
- Quote of the week: working from within
- My role models: 3 amazing African women whose work in music, literature and art has touched people around the world
- Interview: Afrofabulous fashion designer Agnes Kuye of Senga K Designs
- TGIF!: New classics – Kenyan tunes in celebration of Mashujaa Day
- Independence Day celebrations: Zambia's Ozzy in the house
A huge thanks to you for taking the time to read and share comments, facebook appreciation and tweet love. Remember, you can also get updates via facebook, twitter and by subscribing to the Afri-love feed.
Feedback is incredibly useful to me so, please drop me a line with any comments, suggestions, ideas etc.
This coming week, look out for:
- Quote of the week
- Moving beyond defiance through design and investigating design for good
- What do a Tanzanian artist and Japanese architect have in common?
- Interrogating some assumptions about African food
- Yet another interview with another Africa-inspired talent
- More music to give thanks for Friday
Have a fantastic week! Be proud and be inspired.